Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Welcome to SOLATU

Hello readers (if there are any of you). I begin my quest today: A quest to do something I know absolutely to be impossible. I seek to create a universal philosophy. Why? Good question. The best answer I can offer is that attempting to do the impossible will get you much closer than anyone else has ever been. If you decide to follow my journey, we may find that we end up somewhere closer to enlightenment than we were before. Perhaps, however, I'll just end up further from it and you can point and laugh from your philosophical safe ground.

Make no mistake, my ideas here will incite anger and rage. I've found that no matter what your opinion is, someone somewhere can and will be violently opposed to it. The internet is a uniquely efficient tool for reaching out to those kinds of people.

To everyone else, I have this warning: Do not accept any statement on this blog as fact. These are my thoughts. As much as I would like to believe that they will work for everyone, they may not. Do not let my ignorance corrupt your life. Some of you will hate my ideas and ignore them. The best of you will try them. The worst of you will follow them blindly.

This blog will be composed of 5 categories. I'm not sure the best way to do this on blogspot. So, the categories may or may not be cleanly separated, but the categories are: Mental, Physical, Spiritual, Social, and News.

Mental posts will be appetizers of the mind. Here we will dine on thought and meta-thought. We'll also enjoy desserts of knowledge and psychological health. Then we'll sip the sweet decadent wine of the sub-conscious.

Physical posts will give us the luscious sights of the human body. Here we will paint pictures of the perfect body and understand how to image ourselves to this perfection. Then, we'll take a scenic drive through the inner organs and sneak peaks at the predators that prey there.

Spiritual posts will give us the sweet scent of salvation. Here we will learn to shy away from the odors of contemporary organized religion and bask in the aroma that blurs the lines between physical and meta-physical; mental and external.

Social posts will allow us to listen to the interactions of other human being and teach us to sing the songs of compatibility and understanding. At last, we will learn to understand and even speak the language of control.

News will be terribly boring. In fact, you may even want to skip those posts.

Altogether, this will create the meaning of life as I understand it. One other thing you should be aware of is that my understanding will likely change as I scribe out my idea and suffer through your feedback. Thus, my posts may as well. I will find a way to make it evident when posts change sufficiently. In many cases, I may scrap a post entirely and rewrite it. As we get closer to the end, we will hopefully have a clearer and clearer picture of our universe.

And so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment